Our colleague and frequent NewGeography contributor Wendell Cox of Demographia.com recently released the latest edition of his World Urban Areas and Population Projections publication.
This 5th comprehensive edition includes:
- Ranking of the largest world urban areas (over 2,000,000 population).
- Population, urban land area and density estimates for all 763 identified urban areas with more than 500,000 population, comprising 49 percent of the world urban population.
- Population, urban land area and density estimates for 1,370 urban areas of all sizes, comprising 53 percent of the world urban population.
- Population projections for the world’s largest urban areas in 2025 & 2030 (over 2,000,000 population).
- Summary of United Nations world population projections and summary by gross domestic product, purchasing power parity (from 4th Edition)
- Charts on urban density and prosperity (from 2nd Edition)